My latest project is where I'd like to think they go...... off to a Summer Bird House to relax from the stress of bringing up their families over the last few months..........lol.
I am sharing this project with
Happy Daze We're all going on a Summer Holiday (tongue in cheek entry - hope it fits the challenge lol)
My Mojo Monthly July - My Style where Sarah asks us to share our style, my style differs with my moods.. I love rubber stamps they are my must have No.1 stash...I always need more...distressed style anything by TH is another style I like to try and recreate........but at the moment I am loving altering items, I have lots of (stuff) waiting to be altered collected from charity shops car boots etc., I also collect driftwood on trips to the seaside and they are waiting for inspiration to strike......this project has been created using wood scraps from DH workshop.......upcycled I think lol.
I have wanted to make and decorate a birdhouse, shabby chic style, to sit in my conservatory for ages, after asking (nagging) DH to cut me some wood (I am not safe to be let loose with a saw...too sharp) anyway he cuts straight!! The said wood appeared at home along with his special wood glue.....result! After assembling the pieces and getting glue everywhere......... I was pleased with the size and now for the fun bit decorating.........
Firstly I painted all the wood, except for the main part of the roof, with gesso and then cream paint when dry I painted liberally with TH Distress Crackle picket fence when dry I added distress inks, victorian velvet, spun sugar, old paper and tattered rose to areas lightly, which gave slight pastel shading to the outside creating a lovely shabby chic look....
The roof was constructed with paper from TH paper stack vintage shabby, which I cut into strips and punched with a large scallop, added distress ink old paper to all edges and attached to roof. Then I added strips of vintage cream lace from my stash (collected over time from markets etc.) over each strip of scallops to finish the top ridge I punched another strip of paper and added pearls. Lace was gathered up and added to the eaves of the roof front and back. I secured this with glossy accents which dries clear and won't budge..lol.
front view of the roof, also peeking out from under the lace is a TH metal bird sitting just above the hole which I covered in same paper scallop, bird was cut using TH caged bird with TH paper stack distress core'dinations which was embossed first and sanded. Flowers from my stash are a mixture of paper flowers I have had for ever as I make my own mostly now, I inked all of them with same distress inks as before on edges, buttons were from stash too.....remember the old buttons tin Mum was throwing out....peeking from the flowers is another TH piece which reads home.
view of back ..... another bird and more flowers layered and buttons and pearls, both sides are also decorated with flowers shown in picture above of roof.
Thanks for looking at this long post, I really enjoyed making this project and sharing one of My Style
projects with you all, hope you will pop over to My Mojo Monthly and Happy Daze to see all the amazing work and enjoy.
Have you noticed there is not a rubber stamp in site in this project.....................now I don't do this often..........make a project without some form of rubber stamping........but I liked it as it was......It might be a first for me.........
Tim Holtz/Ranger distress Inks, paper stacks, Idea -ology, alterations die, paint, glossy accents, Flowers/buttons/lace....my stash.
Punches CK/Stampin' Up